Update: THE SHOE IS NOW OUT! …and we have a thorough MT100 Trail Shoe review complete with feedback, photos and spec sheet from New Balance.
The information below was written BEFORE the release of the shoe. To see a review of the released version of the MT100BK trail shoe, please see the latest review.
Love the NB790 Trail Shoe?
I mean, what’s not to love? The New Balance 790 trail shoes are light as a feather at a measly 7.6 oz., “ultra”-comfortable, simple, flat, …and quite honestly, look damn good with a pair o’ baggy jeans and t-shirt.
…but yea, I know what your thinking, and I also have issues with the tread – could be a little grip-e-er. The shoes could also dry a little faster when they get wet. …but all that gnarliness is what 800s, now 840s, are for.
For a legion of us, the MR790, for the ladies, WR790, is the best trail shoe ever.
Here comes the NB100, New Balance 100 Trail Shoe
This is all hearsay. I only know what I hear. I’m not an in-depth reporter, nor shoe reviewer with the “inside scoop”. I know a few dudes who work in shoes, and I ask around, and I put together other things to try to understand what’s happening.
A friend sent me some pics of the New Balance 100 trail shoe which, I was told, will be replacing my beloved and cherished MR790.
Oh man, I’m gonna say it – “those are some big shoes to fill”.
New Balance 100 Trail Shoe Pictures
Side of the New Balance 100 Trail Shoe
…the other side of 100s
NB 100 trail tread
NB 100 Trail Shoe Information
So whaddya think?
This is what I think I know, and more will be posted here as I learn more:
- The NB100 is supposed to come out sometime around October 2009
- The shoe is supposed to weigh a measly 6 oz.
- The shoe is rumored to be a collaboration between NB athletes Kyle Skaggs and Anton Krupicka
- The shoe appears to be quite a bit different in design
NB100 Updates and Web Information
I will add resource links and updates here as I find ‘em out:
- 4/19 update: Inexpensive 790s can be had in black for $44.90 – all sizes
- 4/20 update: I have learned that the 100 is now in the retailer/wholesale catalog for dealers.